[ilds] Fw: ILDS Digest, Vol 26, Issue 5_ 1. the real protagonist is the city herself (Charles Sligh)

Sumantra Nag sumantranag at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:21:49 PDT 2009

This is further to my earlier post.

The link below contains the text from Somerset Maugham's "The Moon and Sixpence" about the brilliant doctor Abraham who disembarked on an impulse at Alexandria and decided to live there with a modest medical job, thereby giving up an assured place in a hospital in England which could have led to great professional heights.

http://maugham.thefreelibrary.com/Moon-and-Sixpence/50-1

Best wishes

Sumantra