[ilds] Thanks Carrie

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jan 24 19:22:38 PST 2009

Carrie,

Thank you so much for your contribution. I enjoy your infrequent excursions onto this list - and I always learn something from them. Larry is someone I would very much like have had a wine or six with and, as you knew him well, perhaps you could share some more stories with us?

The way you contrast the two brothers is revealing. The grand Gerry and the 'onion seller' Larry. It perhaps explains why, despite their mutual love of the booze, Larry reached a greater age than Gerald and was not as portly.

There is a story I know of where Larry was on a plane to somewhere and got talking to the woman next to him. She mistook him for Gerald and asked for his autograph. Larry informed her of her error and signed one of Gerry's books with his own name describing himself also as a much better writer.

David Green

16 William Street
Marrickville NSW  2204
+61 2 9564 6165