[ilds] Douglas's boy

Charles Sligh Charles-Sligh at utc.edu
Mon Jan 19 19:17:04 PST 2009

william godshalk wrote:
> Jamie,
>
> I wish to thank you for rescuing me. As I recall there was a boy in
> /Southwind/. And it was that boy that I was recalling.
>
> Bill
A timely reminder, no?--that it is often difficult--to be heard--and to
hear--in this electronic medium.

Nice return to Douglas, David.

And very sharp memory about that /boy/, William--old boy.  Well played.
We really do rely on you for such matters. . . .

Douglas was ever a /fond/ fellow, and I think the photo portrait of the
ancient Douglas contemplating the bust of the young Douglas ("10 & 80")
a very poetic sort of thing.  See Fitzgibbon's /Pictorial Record./ . .

C&c.

Assistant Professor
Department of English
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga