[ilds] peasants

Marc Piel marcpiel at interdesign.fr
Thu Jan 1 15:51:54 PST 2009

I think that probabbly LD integrated!!! And became
part of the landscape. That is a richness that few
are able to achieve. Just guessing, but Douglas
must have judged and measured by standards that
came from elsewhere. Just finished The Great
Gatsby: Fitzgerald understood the people he wrote
about. I have always maintained that LD must have
lived what he wrote about: that is what grabbed me
by the guts (and still does).
BR
Marc