[ilds] The wisdom of Douglas

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 31 21:05:48 PST 2008

...but an Oriental crowd of worshippers does not move me like these European masses of fanaticism: I can never bring myself to regard without a certain amount of disquietude such passionate pilgrims. Give them their their new messiah, and all our painfully accumulated art and knowledge, all that reconciles civilized man to earthy existence, is blown to the winds. Society can deal with its criminals. Not they, but fond enthusiasts such as these, are the menace to its stability.

Amen.

>From Old Calabria

David

Denise Tart & David Green
16 William Street, Marrickville NSW 2204

+61 2 9564 6165
0412 707 625
dtart at bigpond.net.au