[ilds] ILDS Digest, Vol 21, Issue 16

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 28 16:11:44 PST 2008

John,

Specifically, David Green. My wife Denise does not contribute but retains an
amused interest in the list's proceeding. She has only read Bitter Lemons -
but it was she who found the Norman Douglas book formerly owned by Ronald
Storrs.

Speaking of Douglas, I note that Michael Haag is writing a biography of
Durrell and hope he able to adress the matter of whether Durrell and Douglas
knew each other in person?

yesterday I was watching Rick Stein's Seafood Odessy around the Med and
quoted from Elizabeth David's books. She was a good mate of Douglas and
there appears to be this strong expat Mediterranean travel, food, spirit of
place, history thing happening with various Brits so much so that I wonder
whether it could be consider a genre.

Denise Tart & David Green
16 William Street, Marrickville NSW 2204

+61 2 9564 6165
0412 707 625
dtart at bigpond.net.au