[ilds] Thanks Charles

Charles Sligh Charles-Sligh at utc.edu
Thu Dec 4 11:27:14 PST 2008

Denise Tart & David Green wrote:

> I like the way he gives Miller a plug. I cannot quite put Tolstoy,
> Dostoyevsky and Henry Miller into the same grouping.
My pleasure, David.

I remark and revere Durrell's ability to read and talk without blinders
or barriers.  In that /Paris Review/ interview and throughout the body
of the interviews, he ranges freely.  Sometimes the references are
playful jests or bluffs, but still his reach of comparison and analogy
is spontaneous, lively, and, in the earlier years, most unpredictable.

Enjoy!

CLS

Assistant Professor
Department of English