[ilds] Thanks Charles

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 4 11:15:16 PST 2008

Charles,

Thank you for the heads up on Douglas and Durrell. That interview tells a lot and has answered several questions. Although Durrell clearly knew of Douglas and admired his style, they did not apparently ever meet, which is odd as Durrell certainly hung out for while with a group that included Elizabeth David and Douglas was quite close to her.

I like the way he gives Miller a plug. I cannot quite put Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky and Henry Miller into the same grouping.

Cheers

David.

Denise Tart
Civil Celebrant - A8807