[ilds] Norman Douglas

Charles Sligh Charles-Sligh at utc.edu
Sun Nov 30 07:26:19 PST 2008

It is most rainy and cold up here on the Ridge, David.  Another chance
to sit down with sufficient lamp, good books and the beverage of one's
choice.

This morning I cannot manage the analysis of Durrell style to which Bill
has set us dreaming.  Meanwhile, I will make a recommendation--or
perhaps repeat an earlier recommendation--for you to pick up a copy of
Douglas's _Late Harvest_ (1946).  In those pages you will find Douglas
turning back through and commenting upon his earlier works, one by one,

Also, one should never overlook an "Index" in any book by Douglas.
Those listings always carry with them "consequential data."

C&c.

Assistant Professor
Department of English
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga