[ilds] Norman Douglas

James Gifford odos.fanourios at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 06:41:37 PST 2008

Hi Marc,

Both Pamela Francis and I gave papers on the Cairo Poets during the
Modernist Studies Association conference a week ago -- Keith Douglas is
fresh on our minds!  Some very fine poetry indeed.  One of the standard
readings is to see John Keats in the Quartet as inspired by Douglas.

Oddly, Canada seems unseasonably warm.  There's no snow in Edmonton, and
Vancouver is cooling down but hasn't gone into the usual winter rains.
Humm.

Best,
James

ps: as per Wilde, "Pray don't talk about the weather, Mr. Worthing.
Whenever people talk to me about the weather, I always feel quite
certain that they mean something else. And that makes me so nervous."