[ilds] The Folio Justine

richardpin at eircom.net richardpin at eircom.net
Wed Sep 3 23:55:04 PDT 2008

The DSC and myself have had our copies since earlier this week. It's an unpretentious production, with interesting atmospheric photographs within and a collage of ditto on cover. I suspect that Porter's intro is designed for all 4 vols. I agree with Jamie that a Folio production is a significant milestone in re-establishing D's reputation. I suspect that the 4 vols together will, in later years, be offered by Folio as a 'carrot' to new/existing subscribers in the same way as (recently) the complete 4 vol Scott Fitzgerald and the Powell 'Dance....Time'.
RP