[ilds] The Folio Justine

Linda Johnson louwhooligan at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 22:37:06 PDT 2008

I just ordered it and had to join....

----- Original Message ----
From: PETER BALDWIN <delospeter at hotmail.com>
To: ilds at lists.uvic.ca
Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:49:52 AM
Subject: Re: [ilds] The Folio Justine

I agree

Have we ascertained that the Folio Soc will sell individual copies to purchasers without having to subscribe, which I assume would cost more?

Any views yet on Deborah Lawrenson's book? It's a good 'airport' book which requires little attention but plays fast and loose with Durrell's biography; I guess it captures well his footloose relationships with women after Claude's death [ guess because I don't know and our priniple interest is in the outcome in Durrell's writing ]; it will appeal particularly to those who know Kalami but those who find the shrine a place of enchantment will be horrified that it is the setting for an unnatural death.

Peter Baldwin