[ilds] The Folio Justine

James Gifford odos.fanourios at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 21:19:43 PDT 2008

I've already renewed my subscription and have ordered /Justine/ (with a
free set of Graves' /Greek Myths/ and a very cheap set of Gibbons).
Once it arrives, we'll see if I can use the next 3 volumes as my books
for this year...  If not, Greene looks very appealing.

Folio tends to produce material that it sees as commercially viable to a
particular class of buyers, and including Durrell there is a boon.  They
may not be scholarly editions, but they're the first step toward them,
and it speaks to a continuing readership.  I wonder if Porter has
written an introduction to each volume.

Now, let's see who gets a copy first!  Bill, will you tell us how it
looks and what edition they've used when yours comes in?

Best,
Jamie