[ilds] Readings

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Tue May 6 06:41:41 PDT 2008

Yes, a good point.  The trellis metaphor is particularly effective.  Good criticism is a genre unto itself and a kind of literature.  However, aside from Bloom, who is also one of my favorites, all of the "critics" listed below are writers/artists in their own right.  That is telling.  Another way to look at the problem is to ask, is Bloom with his pen the equivalent of Heifetz with his violin?  I don't know, but, sadly, I think not.  On the other hand, the musician/critic comparison may not hold -- the two professions being too dissimilar in terms of abilities.

Bruce