[ilds] Pearls

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 15:44:57 PDT 2008

Charles the Just.  You're always fair and just, Charles, and it's good and necessary to be reminded of that, being balanced.

Pursewarden as LD's memento mori -- now that is an interesting idea.  I still see Durrell as more of an Othello than an Antony, however.  It's Othello who "threw a pearl away" and that reminds me of that sky of "hot nude pearl" and the language that gets squandered.

Bruce