[ilds] One-Volume Alexandria Quartet

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 26 09:40:15 PDT 2008

Well said, Charles, but where and when will all this appear in print and preserved for all time?  I also add that Durrell was very well served by David Gentleman, who did the covers for the Faber editions of the Quartet and the Quintet.  Magnificent watercolors of the Egyptian countryside but -- strangely -- none of Alexandria itself.

Bruce