[ilds] One-Volume Alexandria Quartet

James Gifford odos.fanourios at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 08:18:02 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I don't want to intrude on this dialogue, but it's worth pointing out
for the list that Anthony Durrell (no relation) from Australia has never
been a member of the ILDS, nor would he be "ejected" if he signed up.
Likewise, for the curious, he's chosen not to subscribe to this
listserv, so he doesn't receive any emails unless he chooses to peruse
the public archives -- again, he's welcome to sign up, and we continue
to post the messages he sends us in the interest of being open, but he's
chosen to have this as a monologue rather than a dialogue.  An odd
practise for a therapist...  We may ask how this form of talk plays out
in Durrell's talk therapy in /Justine/.  Humm.

As for the vulnerable truth seekers who become attached the fetish of
particular books and particular editions (and particular copies), long
may they thrive.  Zizek, who has great fun with commodity fetishism,
still has his favourite socks, and I have my favourite books.  May truth
seekers always be vulnerable, though I must admit that my particular
hunt is for complexity.

Best,
James