[ilds] Old D and George Young

Richard Pine richardpin at eircom.net
Tue Mar 11 09:09:28 PDT 2008

 Bill, after you had delivered your paper, I spoke to you about G Young's book, because of the very obvious borrowings and less obvious suggestions - and your reaction was on the lines of 'Hell, why didn't Shelley Cox show me that book when I was in Carbondale - I asked specifically to see anything Durrell might have had relating to Constantinople'. And I acknowledged you in whatever footnote I added to Mindscape in which I listed some of D's borowings from YOung.
RP