[ilds] ILDS Digest, Vol 11, Issue 2

Smithchamberlin at aol.com Smithchamberlin at aol.com
Sun Feb 3 13:40:01 PST 2008

In the USA the real age of proletarian literature was the 1930s, viz.
Michael Gold and other CP-oriented writers, Henry Roth, some of Steinbeck, Hem's  To
Have and Have Not, Dos Passos' USA, James T. Farrell's Studs Lonigan trilogy
and Danny O'Neill tetrology, Odet's play Waiting for Lefty, Richard Wright's
Native Son, and the like.  Durrell's style is definitely not a contemporary
one, alas.
            Brewster

In a message dated 2/3/2008 3:00:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,