[ilds] "doubtless each reader could supply a list of his own"

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Thu Jan 17 11:52:43 PST 2008

On 1/17/2008 2:41 PM, william godshalk wrote:
> Charlie, you must sent your comments to TLS online. If you don't, I will.
>
> Bill

Oh, Bill, you are too nice.  We'll just keep my ramblings here among us
as friends.  However, I will let you buy me a drink at the Brown in
Louisville come February.

I did submit a brief response in the Times Online Forum.  (It has not
appeared yet.)  But the listserv will be cheered that at least 4 other
responders have piped up about the Durrell omission.

I encourage the entire listserv to respond to the Times.  145 people
asking "where's Durrell?" would certainly cause a stir.  It might even
prompt somebody somewhere to pick up one of the books and start
reading.  Let's do it for Lawrence Durrell--and for the fun of it!

Charles

--
Wake Forest University
slighcl at wfu.edu