[ilds] Richard Aldington Conference CFP

James Gifford odos.fanourios at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 15:07:52 PST 2008

  Call for Papers

  Richard Aldington

The International Richard Aldington Society (IRAS) is pleased to
announce that the Fifth Biennial International Aldington Conference will
take place July 8-10, in les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, France. Les
Saintes, location of our last four conferences and home of Catherine
Aldington for many years, is the historic and celebrated pilgrimage town
on the Mediterranean coast of the Camargue. The conference directors
welcome papers on any aspect of Richard Aldington's life and work, as
well as papers that address connections between Aldington and other
writers such as Durrell, Eliot, H.D., Hemingway, Lawrence (T.E. &
D.H.),Pound. Other suggested topics include: Aldington and Place (e.g.,
Provence, France, America), Aldington and War, Aldington and Modernism,
Aldington and the Art of Translation, Aldington as Biographer.

Given the proximity, in time and place, of the XV International Lawrence
Durrell Conference in Paris July 1-5, we invite our colleagues of the
Durrell Society to join us in the Camargue after the Paris
conference--and we particularly welcome papers dealing with Aldington
and Durrell. Our colleagues in the Pound Society are invited to continue
the discussions of Aldington, Pound, and Imagism that some of us began
at the conferences last summer in Venice and at Brunnenburg
Castle--papers on any aspect of Imagism, on the Aldington-Pound
connection, etc. are especially invited.

Please submit a title and brief abstract (with your e-mail address)
before February 15, 2008 to the conference directors, H. R. Stoneback
and Daniel Kempton, Department of English, SUNY-New Paltz, New Paltz,
NY 12561. (If mail is inconvenient, submit electronically to both
directors: stonebah at newpaltz.edu and kemptond at newpaltz.edu) Information
about registration, travel, and accommodations will be forthcoming in
February.
                ***OTHER NEWS***

HOT OFF THE PRESS--

Copies of LOCATIONS AND DISLOCATIONS, the Proceedings of the Fourth
International Aldington Society Conference, have just arrived from the
printer. This handsome volume features previously unpublished material
by Richard Aldington and Catherine Aldington, as well as 20 essays by
Aldington scholars. Copies may be ordered now ($20 or 15 Euros includes
shipping and handling, but see special discounts on order form below.)

               ***Society Dues***

Just a reminder, in case you haven't paid your annual dues (for the Year
July 1, 2007  to June 30, 2008) that you may do so now using the form below.

               ***Order Form***

I would like to order ___copies of LOCATIONS AND DISLOCATIONS @
--regular price $20/15 Euros ______
--Society Member rate $18/13.50 E_____
--Volume contributors who are Society Members (dues paid) receive
special 30% discount of $14 or 2 for $25 (11 Euros or 2 for 20
E)________

With this order, a few remaining copies of  previous volumes of
proceedings, WRITERS IN PROVENCE and NEW PLACES, are available at $10
  (8 Euros) each. Indicate here if you wish to
order_____________________________

I also enclose ____ for __ membership(s) for the current year ($15 per
year)

I enclose a total of _____ for dues  & book(s)

My e-mail address is: __________________________________

My regular mail address is: __________________________________

Send check (or money order), payable to "Daniel Kempton, IRAS
  Treasurer" to:
     Professor Daniel Kempton
     Department of English
     SUNY-New Paltz
     New Paltz, NY 12561

Address all inquiries re: book orders, dues, 2008 conference
information to the addresses at the end of the Call for Papers paragraph
above.