[ilds] authentically French?

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Sun Dec 2 07:28:28 PST 2007

On 12/2/2007 9:27 AM, Marc Piel wrote:
> Hello Charles,
> Yes for over 70 years, INA has collected radio and
> TV, films, clips etc... Last year they started to
> make numeric versions and more than 100 000 items
> are now available on the internet. 80% are free.
Thanks, Marc!  Please do forward any Durrell-related clips or archives
from France or the EU.  Our US search portals do not always turn up
everything.  In fact, as I found when I was in Canada recently, the
intellectual property debates have really started to impede open
international access.  For example, not all video clips viewed on the
French dailymotion site are available here in the US, and audio clips
via the Pandora Music site are not available in Canada.  The digital
medium is just growing up, in many ways.

Charles

--
Wake Forest University
slighcl at wfu.edu