[ilds] Alexandria: From Nasser to Lawrence Durrell

Ilyas Khan ilyas.khan at crosby.com
Fri Nov 30 15:39:55 PST 2007

James,

I also hope that Anis comes onto the board for a broader discussion. Getting
beyond the well worn path of "he was foreign and he was a racist" might not
be possible, but worth a try in my view.

Also, James, wasn't LD in Alexandria in 1942,living with Gwyn Williams ? Its
not just nit-picking here, but having 2 years or more in Alexandria, as
opposed to a few months would make a difference to the view that LD barely
knew the place.