[ilds] pouring concrete

James Gifford odos.fanourios at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 17:34:52 PDT 2007

Charles has kept mute on the topic, but his work on Durrell's "The Minor
Mythologies" would be the thing to consult (the text itself and his fine
introduction):

_Deus Loci_ NS 7 (1999) pp. 3-10 and the same pp. 11-36.

(grins)

Personally, I think the most profitable thing for the Antrobus stories
is to discern where they might indicate ironic or satiric tones in LD's
more serious works, especially where it has been read as 'sincere' in
the past, but I'm predisposed to think of irony.  Of course, if they
make you giggle, that's fine use as well.

Best,
James