[ilds] Taking the Mickey

Jim Nichols jnichols at nctv.com
Thu Oct 25 13:07:34 PDT 2007

Three cheers for Richard.   It is the case that worthy literature need not
be in need of Derrida or Lacan etc critics.  Or any other for that matter.
If we at the university are to ever understand human nature in all its
incredible diversity, then we must accept the fact that outright
stomachpumping laughter is GOOD.  And it is an accurate description of what
we humanbeings are all about.    Just look in the mirror.

    Three more cheers for potboilers.

                                    Jim Nichols