[ilds] Pombal

Pamela Francis albigensian at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 17:13:31 PDT 2007

Evelyn Waugh's _Labels_ was first published in 1930--according to my
edition, the Penguin 1985 ed, which sadly lacks the original photos. It
does, however, include a lively sketch, by E. Waugh, of the "Stella
Polaris," the ship Waugh and his future ex-wife (written out of the text)
took around the Mediterranean. A very fun read.