[ilds] Locating a Lawrence Durrell Quotation

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Tue Oct 2 10:02:39 PDT 2007

On 10/2/2007 11:58 AM, James Gifford wrote:

> (Does anyone on the listserv have an answer for Selina??  Charles?)
>

>     Selina Lai wrote:
>>     I am searching for the biblio source of a
>>     quote by Lawrence Durrell: "the sense of truth no matter how
>>     subjective is necessary for the experience of beauty."

Sorry, James.  This one throws me.  Perhaps this is because for me the
quote does not register with either the paradoxical ("Art like life is
an open secret") or the satoric qualities (as in /satori/) that I have
come to appreciate in Durrellian utterances.

I will happily watch for the revelation to come!

Charles

--
Wake Forest University
slighcl at wfu.edu