[ilds] Banned Books Week

James Gifford odos.fanourios at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 20:34:37 PDT 2007

Dear Vittorio,

Yes, that's the new edition that came out, though in some sense it's a
reprint of sorts of the Obelisk Press edition from 1938.  Girodios (sp?)
essentially took on his father's (Kahane's) previous titles in Obelisk
and recreated it as Olympia.

As a side note, I have the 1968 Paris edition as well as a Taiwan
pirated edition, which is identical with the exception of the paper
quality, spelling on the cover, and a few publisher's stickers...
Evidently it was of enough interest for someone to start forging
editions, and judging by the production values, I'd guess it was in the
late sixties or early seventies.

There is even (odder, this) a book of the month club edition, which I
have.  Nonetheless, I like the Obelisk best -- it's the most handsome
edition.

Best,
James