[ilds] Banned Books Week

Pamela Francis albigensian at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 3 17:27:59 PDT 2007

Yes--several times, and I own it, but I never got to see it in a theater,
b/c I lived in Dallas at the time, and it ran for all of one day. You may
want to check out Darren Middleton, ed., Scandalizing Jesus?: Kazantzakis'
The Last Temptation of Christ Fifty Years On, Continuum Press, 2005, which
has essays by Peter Bien (#1 Kazantzakis scholar), Martin Scorsese, and yes,
yours truly (sorry, shameless plug).

As for the film: I never know what to make of the gangsta-ness of the
disciples. If I didn't have to write a lecture on Walt Whitman tonight, I
might watch it again to help me decide...How was the film rec'd in your neck
of the woods?--pamela