[ilds] Terrorism

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 18 16:47:46 PDT 2007

RP,

the political dimensions behind terrorism vary of course, but I think that passage from Bitter Lemons is valid non the less in as much as the commonplace suddenly becomes suspicious. I am thinking about American Soldiers in Bagdag trying to figure out which of these apparently ordinary moments is harmless or not. It can't be easy. Our Aussie SAS guys are said to be very good at this stuff, but they have been hauled over the coals for shooting the wrong people - including an American contractor who failed to stop at a road block.

Osama did his work well. When I visited the USA last december, the airports were chaos. the people in the long cues were pissed off, the airport staff were pissed off, I came as close to belting someone as I have in a long time and I thought America is a great place, but I am sure glad I wont be going there for a while.

DG

Denise Tart & David Green
16 William Street, Marrickville NSW 2204

+61 2 9564 6165
0412 707 625
dtart at bigpond.net.au