[ilds] CFP for Louisville

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 16 00:18:39 PDT 2007

Pamela,

There are times when I wished I lived in North America. Would love to be
there - at the conference that is. Perhaps I will write something. I
particularly like "This Unimportant Morning". It comes to me as a
distillation of Durrell's love for Mediterranean Islands and was written, it
appears, either in Egypt or when on Rhodes just after the war. It is one of
my favourite Poems in the cosmos.

To me Durrell can be painter, poet and novelist at the same time. Coule we
say;

he writes as a painter. He thinks as a poet - or have I had one chardonnay
too many?

quelle maleur!

Denise Tart & David Green
16 William Street, Marrickville NSW 2204

+61 2 9564 6165
0412 707 625
dtart at bigpond.net.au