[ilds] Helprin and Durrell?

Pamela Francis albigensian at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:24:50 PDT 2007

No...i'm certainly not seeing the connection, though I truly loved Winter's
Tale--but it was certainly more in the genre of magical realism than
anything LD wrote.  And Helprin's politics make LD look downright
Leftist...As for "fat" novels--I don't really find any of LD's that
lengthy--by the time you get rid of all the white spaces in the Quintet,
it's actually quite short.hope all are well--pamela