[ilds] fat and florid novels

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Thu Aug 9 06:16:44 PDT 2007

See below for another nod-and-shrink acknowledgment of Durrell.  It
really is a curious pattern to trace.

Query:  What is wrong with "fat and florid" novels?

Second Query: Must young writers really write to the norm and to the
standard of "lean and chaste"?

Surely we readers are more catholic in taste than that.

Perhaps our Northern Ministry can provide us with additional information.

Charles

***

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2007-08-08-new-voices_N.htm

--