[ilds] John Press and Durrell

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 22 19:49:52 PDT 2007

Which poses an interesting problem.  If the poems are intended to be at least in part incomprehensible, who will read them?  The poet is destroying his own audience.  I'm trying to think of antecedents for this.  Perhaps Kafka?  Who published almost nothing and wrote mainly for his own satisfaction and amusement?  And we all know how baffling Kafka is -- and how great.

Bruce