[ilds] The Talking Parcel

slighcl slighcl at wfu.edu
Fri Jul 20 09:32:40 PDT 2007

On 7/20/2007 12:15 PM, Richard Pine wrote:
> For really imaginative travel writing, based on fact but highly elaborated,
> try GD's 25-or-so very witty but also deeply felt accounts of his
> (ad)ventures. Starting of course with the non-N, ever-present L in My
> Family...
> Some of them (The Aye-Aye and I, 'Three Singles to Adventure) are some of
> the best reads one could hope for.

I will second Richard's nod to Gerry's abundant imagination with a note
to young readers connected to the list.  Isaac Sligh (age 11) recommends
the following book by Gerald Durrell, which he has read at least two or
three times now.

(I am certain that those of you who have made Isaac's acquaintance on
Corfu or in Ottawa or Victoria will know that no higher commendation can
be given.)

        /The Talking Parcel/ (/The Battle for Castle Cockatrice/) (1974)

--
Wake Forest University
slighcl at wfu.edu