[ilds] RG Bitter Lemons --The Tree of Idleness -- bananas

Richard Pine richardpin at eircom.net
Fri Jul 20 09:15:23 PDT 2007

For really imaginative travel writing, based on fact but highly elaborated,
try GD's 25-or-so very witty but also deeply felt accounts of his
(ad)ventures. Starting of course with the non-N, ever-present L in My
Family...
Some of them (The Aye-Aye and I, 'Three Singles to Adventure) are some of
the best reads one could hope for.
RP