[ilds] Durrell and the academy

Michael Haag michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 19 13:10:19 PDT 2007

Thanks, James, for adding further to Charles' observations on why
Durrell does not figure highly in academe.  Charles had mentioned
utility; that Durrell does not serve the purpose of 'uplift' for
example, and you seem to be saying something of the same, that he just
does not fit in, does not tote that bale.  I find this very
encouraging.  He seems to be outliving the paradigms.

:Michael