[ilds] Brett Whiteley

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 16 13:55:05 PDT 2007

Brett Whiteley was a Sydney artist as famous for is vast drinking, consumpion of rare herbs and chemicals, and relations with many women as is was for his art. My Dad's got one of his paintings; an original I think of Sydney Harbour viewed from his house at Milson's Point.

The Novel Justine was known in artistic circles in Australia in the 1960s, but seems to have escaped the attention of English departments at our then very few universities.

You can read a bit about Whiteley at the link below

http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/brettwhiteley/

Denise Tart & David Green
16 William Street, Marrickville NSW 2204

+61 2 9564 6165
0412 707 625
dtart at bigpond.net.au