[ilds] de Cosson and Clea

Michael Haag michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 15 15:57:05 PDT 2007

'Balthazar talked discursively (half asleep) of the Vineyard of Ammon,
the Kings of the Harpoon Kingdom and their battles, or of the Mareotic
wine to which, not history, but the gossiping Horace once attributed
Cleopatra's distempers of mind.'

In addition, Durrell got the Vineyard of Ammon from de Cosson page 68.
  I doubt that he troubled to search wider for his tesserae in this
particular case.

:Michael