[ilds] Po-co/poco

Richard Pine richardpin at eircom.net
Thu Jul 12 01:31:29 PDT 2007

There is a major difference between, say, Fanon and Cabral, and, say,
Bhabha. The former were activists, in a definite struggle for identity.
Bhabha and, say, Spivak and Memmi, are commenting on that struggle. And I
don't find Bhabha's writing impenetrable - in comparison to Spivak, he's
crystal clear. 'The location of Culture' was, for me, a liberating book. RP