[ilds] Po-co/poco

Michael Haag michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 11 15:52:10 PDT 2007

Ilyas wrote:

> I, for one, will not consign to the dustbin the sum total of all greek
> cypriot views being worthless because they would "complain about
> something
> anyway..." whether I agree or disagree with them.

Well, that is very good, because I never said anything remotely like
that, and therefore it seems we agree.  I did not trash the views of
Greek Cypriots, in fact I did not refer to Greek Cypriots; I referred
to Cypriots, meaning Turkish and Greek Cypriots.  The argument between
Greeks and Turks on Cyprus, and indeed elsewhere, began long before the
British arrived on Cyprus.  I added that the Greek and Turkish Cypriots
each wanted things their own way, and it was not the British who had
the power to deliver to one side or the other.

Ilyas also wrote:

> Michael, ... there are places where the "oppressed"
> have views that are just as valid as yours (or mine).

Again, I have never suggested otherwise.  Which is not the same thing
as saying all arguments are equally valid.

:Michael