[ilds] Po-co/poco

James Gifford gifford at uvic.ca
Wed Jul 11 14:27:29 PDT 2007

Bruce wrote:

> Sounds like Bhabha and Fanon are inventing things
> to say, which, if they didn't, would result in the death
> of po-co.

Well, if you go and read them, perhaps in the context of _Bitter
Lemons_ you can find a way to refute some or all of their arguments or
maybe find points of agreement for fruitful discussion.  However,
unless we're getting down to specific examples, I still say continuing
this thread on the listserv is a dead end (a knot in the thread?) made
up of generalization and blanket statements.

So, what about that prodding mention of Suez in the first real
sentence of _Bitter Lemons_?  Isn't this an implicit tip of the hat to
the ills of Cyprus having a much broader context?

Best