[ilds] Po-co/poco

Michael Haag michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 11 14:15:54 PDT 2007

You do not know my opinions.  My ill concealed lack of courtesy must be
to do with something else.  As for Cypriots arguing about the impact of
British rule upon their own interests and lives, they would be arguing
about something anyway and blaming it someone else.  The trouble is
that they each want things their own way, and it was not the British
who had the power to deliver to one side or the other.  Many problems
fall into that category, including Palestine which you also mention.  I
agree with Durrell's assessment of the Greek Cypriot demand for Enosis,
that 'perfect world where Union with Greece meant something not unlike
the mystic's Union with the Infinite'.

:Michael