[ilds] Po-co/poco

Pamela Francis albigensian at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:59:06 PDT 2007

Bruce says:
It a matter of "us" vs. "them," and we are "them."

I reply:
This is one of the main points of po-co: that it is NOT just us/them.  Read
Bhabha's article on "mimicry" and Fanon on the emerging nationalist
bourgeosie.  If it were all about they are depressed and we did the
oppressing, there would be nothing to say.

It's far more complicated than this since someone can undoubtedly cite
examples of Third World colonialists (Vietnam in Cambodia, China in Tibet),
but I'll accept the division for the sake of argument.  If so, don't the
true and bonafide po-cos reject the ersatz and Johnny-come-lately po-cos?
Shouldn't one have to prove and show one's po-co bonafides before making a
po-co argument?