[ilds] RG Bitter Lemons -- post- ("with such dexterity")

Richard Pine richardpin at eircom.net
Tue Jul 10 11:49:06 PDT 2007

There is no such thing as post-colonial theory, only the application of ideas from one part of society to those of another. Anyone could, I suppose, elucidate a theory from doing so, but what use would it be? It would be - wait for it! - purely theoretical. What I said in a previous message a few minutes ago was that the value of postcolonial studies is in the practical evidence they provide of how a new, independent, former colony exercises its freedom.
RP
PS - the women members (!) of this group need not answer the following, altho their 'take' on it would certainly be different, but has anyone actually tried it with a melon (and how did the melon react? anger, bitterness, resistance?)