[ilds] RG Bitter Lemons -- post- ("with such dexterity")

Pamela Francis albigensian at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:09:22 PDT 2007

Charles--I will be happy to comply, although I am presently working 8 hours
a day, then coming home to read (for another 6 or so hours) any one of the
87 books and articles on my comprehensive exams list, which must be
completed by Sept. 17.  But I actually presented a postcolonial reading of
Bitter Lemons at Louisville a few years ago--but now that I think about it,
you were mightily sick and didn't make it to the panel--maybe I can dig it
out, again in my copious free time.

I knew I would get sucked into this list serve if I ever started...I'm not
sure how you guys find the time to post so often...I felt guilty all weekend
for spending time trying to make a simple point.  And now, a boss is looking
over my shoulder.  But when I go home I will do my best to demonstrate that
a po-co reading of a work of literature does no more disservice to it than
applying the author's personal life (divorces, etc.) to the text. --Pamela