[ilds] RG Bitter Lemons -- places of limitation

Michael Haag michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 9 06:43:22 PDT 2007

Except that the gnostics did not advocate suicide, nor did Durrell.
But I do think that Durrell wanted to make the point that the world was
fundamentally unacceptable, and that the response to its imperfections
went beyond protest -- hence his lack of sympathy for beats, hippies,
people with 'hair in their faces', and causes of any kind.

:Michael