[ilds] conspiracy

Richard Pine richardpin at eircom.net
Mon Jul 9 00:52:49 PDT 2007

I couldn't read a book in the hope/expectation that it would help to make
sense of the world. Newspapers, maybe. I read a book to see what the author
has said, and, after that, to see where it fits in with my own viewpoints. I
might be persuaded by that book to think differentloy from the way I already
do think, maybe slightly, maybe more than slightly (I've hardly ever read a
book that had a major impact on the way I think, or the way I see the world)
but I wouldn't start out with an expectation of it 'making sense of the
world' - however open-minded I might like to think I am.
RP