[ilds] RG Bitter Lemons -- Frangos

Michael Haag michaelhaag at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 8 19:48:51 PDT 2007

The relevance of 1878 is not that the British came in but that the
British got the Turks out.  Hence the friendship between the Greeks and
the English.  The problem became that now the Greeks wanted the place
for themselves, regardless of the consequences.  And we have seen what
those consequences were.

:Michael