[ilds] conspiracy

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 8 13:47:16 PDT 2007

Bill, are you teaching literature or are you teaching the psychodynamics of reading?  I think you teach literature.  If you give an exam on Bitter Lemons and ask for Durrell's views on British colonialism and then I come back and feed you a couple of blue books about my vacation on the island with my last girlfriend and how we partied with the British ex-pats in their suburban enclaves and how we all got drunk and went looking for Durrell's house in Bellapaix, using BL as a guidebook -- if that was the sole content of my essay, what would you do?  By the standards you've just advocated, I clearly deserve an A or A+.

Bruce